Car accidents are usually due to some sort of human error or negligence. If you have been involved in one, you can understand how truly terrifying they can be and the awful injuries that you can sustain as a result. By understanding how car accidents are most commonly caused, you can work to help avoid them at any cost. Here are some of the most common causes of car accidents you may see on the roads:
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the leading causes of accidents in recent times due to the large numbers of people who text, eat, and groom while they are driving. By paying attention to the road instead of other activities, you can prevent an accident.
- Driving Impaired: Drunk and drugged driving is extremely dangerous and often leads to fatalities. If you have been drinking, give your keys to a sober friend or take a taxi home.
- Speeding: Speeding is the second most common cause of accidents, as drivers can easily lose control. This is why you should always drive within the legal limits.
- Driving Recklessly: Reckless driving encompasses many roadway activities such as changing lanes quickly, speeding over the limit, and acting aggressively. Always take your time and remain calm on the roads that you share with others.
- Road Conditions: Rain and snow can lead to slippery and dangerous road conditions and should be avoided as often as possible. If the roads are too slick, you should always pull over and wait until the storm passes.
- Improper Turns: You should always watch out for the proper lane to make a turn as well as use your signals properly. Be aware of things like one-way streets or other irregularities.
Hiring a Car Accident Attorney
You may wonder if your simple car accident claim needs the help of an attorney. Sometimes one party was clearly at fault and you didn’t sustain many injuries that need compensated. However, there are reasons why you should seek the help of an attorney, which is where we come in. Call us today if liability is unclear in your car accident case, you have no idea how to evaluate your claim, you are having issues in regards to working with the adjuster, you are not confident in negotiating your case, or you have a claim that is difficult to prove. We will help you through every step and answer each question. Call us today.